Here’s a shocker: 2016 wasn’t all bad. Yes, loads of celebrities died, and the UK and US made some questionable decisions about their future. Yes, I had all sorts of horrible personal shit going on. But good stuff happened too. So, following on from my 2015 post, here are 16 awesome memories from 2016!
1. Realizing recently that no one close to me passed away this year. Same as last year, but just as awesome.
2. Doing my Reiki level 2 training
4. A holiday to the Costa Del Belfast (31 degrees!!!), where we visited the Titanic Museum and the Giant’s Causeway, and accidentally bought pints of beer that cost £9 each
5. Nezumi, Yurei, Kumo, Tzuki, Hoshi, Miko, Shiro, Reika. Love my rats
6. Winning not one, but two, writing competitions!
7. I finally walked up Dunbeath Strath
, and had probably one of the loveliest days of 2016. It was magical
8. Christmas dinner with my family in an Indian Restaurant. 8 courses, anyone?
9. The cheeky wee starling sitting on my bathroom window sill, singing it’s heart out. I sat on the floor and listened to it for ages
10. Helping to run two courses on self-management for people with chronic pain. Met some wonderful, inspiring individuals, and made some new friends
11. Getting my first article published
13. A trip to Glasgow for the football with my sister, and meeting Elise for sushi
14. Coming across a load of tiny brown frogs beside the pond at work
15. Meeting Patsy
for the first time, and talking about writing while eating cake
16. Realizing that I live 30 seconds from the beach, and 30 seconds from a specialist coffee shop. I am never moving!!
Roll on 2017!
What were your favourite moments of the last year?